The Treasury is recommended for thirty adults wishing to supplement their diet with fresh, nutritious, truly organic produce.
Enough seed is provided for a year-round garden for at least thirty adult units, along with an excess to hold in reserve in case a particular crop does not do well. (Figure a small child or elderly person as half an adult unit; a teenage boy might be one and a half units.) Communal groups looking at their seed bank as a food safety net in the event of an economic collapse or societal disruption should consider purchasing an additional bank.. This will provide a more substantial cushion in the event of a crop failure.
The Treasury comes with a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart and free copies of The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible, The Mittleider Gardening Course, The Backyard Homestead, Seed to Seed, The New Self-Sufficient Gardener and The Complete Book of Home Preserving. These books provide just about everything you’ll need to know to turn your compound into a small-scale farm. They will teach you how to maximize your harvest and properly save your seed for the next growing season. Diligently follow the techniques and recommendations in these training manuals and you’ll be well on your way to living a lifestyle of true self-sustainability!
This monster bank will literally plant acres of food. It is ideal for church or community gardens, and for persons wishing to lay up a store of “seed money” for barter.
- All seeds are non-GMO, non-hybrid, open-pollinated Heirloom type varieties
- All seeds are fresh and have a lab-certified germination rate in excess of the USDA requirements for that particular variety
- Available for Southern and Northern Zones
- Varieties susceptible to fungal infections, infestations and/or viruses may be treated in order to boost hardiness and production
- Comes packed in a re-sealable steel US Army Ammo Box
- Includes a laminated Texas Ready Mittleider Gardening Chart
- 80+ Varieties Included
- Over 200,000 Seeds! (30+ lbs)
- Designed to provide the annual nutritional produce needs for a minimum of 30 Adult Units
Also included are the following six books!
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible
- The Mittleider Gardening Course
- The Backyard Homestead
- Seed to Seed
- The New Self-Sufficient Gardener
- The Complete Book of Home Preserving